Restoring iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Cogsi, May 15, 2010.

1. Cogsi macrumors newbie

After I jailbroke with spirit I'm deciding to go clean again, mostly because of some problems I have encountered. What I did was I used the regular restore(3G 32G) and it worked perfectly. What my question is, is that I forgot to delete sbsettings, winterboard, and categories with Cydia. I deleted everything else though. If I return my iPod will the geniuses be able to detect that I have jail broken? I read somewhere else that I was suppose to do a DFU restore as opposed to a normal restore, and was suppose to delete all of my packages via Cydia? Or am I in the clear, there are no stuck battery percentages or anything like that.

2. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

If you set it up as a new device rather than restoring from a backup, you should be fine.

3. Cogsi thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup yup, I did, the last thing I want is taking it in and having them void my warranty lol

4. Cogsi thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually I think I may need to return it now. The accelerometer stops working sometimes, like I tried shaking it for an app and now it doesn't work and when I play racing games whilst it's not working the car will "chase it's own tail". After I wait a few hours and turn it on and off it started working again. I tried to develop a pattern to when it does this, but I finally realized its completely random. Hardware or software problems?