Restoring issues

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gstevie, Jul 25, 2013.

1. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

Ok if it's obvious then sorry for this but, I have a developer device that was still on beta 1 and that's expired now, so I have the actual beta 3 .ispw file but I am having trouble restoring or updating the phone. I am using the shift/alt option but cannot install after extracting the software. I believe the error code is 4027. Is this due to the developer centre being off line, or something I'm missing? I tried restoring one of my beta 3 devices on another computer this morning with the file and it came up with the same error so I am coming to the conclusion myself that it is and not having access just now to the developer forums I'm looking further afield.

Would a local backup to iTunes (no access to iCloud with locked out expired beta) then restore to 6.1.4 waiting then till the dev centre comes back online for 7 be the best option to get the device usable?

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

Yes.

Similar thread posted yesterday.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

You might have to edit your host file. Try looking it up on YouTube for your computer (Windows or Mac).

4. gstevie thread starter macrumors 6502

gstevie

Do apologise had a quick look and couldn't see it, admit to not doing a search. Thanks for the reply though.