restoring itunes after format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mjronline, May 1, 2009.

1. mjronline macrumors newbie

My hard drive died yesterday and with it went all my itunes data as well as all my music and everything else to do with my iphone.

Can I just install a fresh copy of itunes and hit sync and it will copy all apps/music/videos/contacts/settings/etc... from the phone back into itunes?

If not, Is there any program that can backup the entire phone and reintegrate it back into itunes so that I can sync my phone normally?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

search for utilities like senutil via google or mroogle. use search term like "ipod transfer to computer".

3. mjronline thread starter macrumors newbie

senutil/copytrans is only for copying the music from the phone to the computer. I need to transfer everything in the entire phone. Music, Contacts, Notes, Apps, etc... and then somehow reintegrate it back into iTunes.

If I sync my phone with a new copy of iTunes, will it wipe all notes, contacts, apps, etc...?

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

did you look at touchcopy? there are numerous programs. what others have you checked out?

5. mjronline thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I've looked at touchcopy already. The problem is that it's only able to integrate the media parts back into iTunes. Regarding Notes/Calendar, etc..., it only says I can manage them. Not integrate them back into iTunes. Is there anything that does that?

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

contacts are not part of iTunes; they go into iCal.