Restoring iTunes Library from iPod Touch ? Is it possible...help plz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by masterofbuckets, Nov 17, 2010.

1. masterofbuckets macrumors regular

So, I had to format my drive ( on the PC ) and I lost my iTunes library. I don't even have the .xml .itb (?) files.

All I have is my iPod Touch with about 20 gigs of music.

I want to recover the library onto my PC from my Touch. Otherwise, I'll have to delete and start fresh :(

Ironically, I was thinking about backing up the library last week but I guess I learned I should be doing it the hard way.

I tried following these steps - http://www.sarahintampa.com/sarah/2007/09/02/how-to-recover-your-itunes-library-from-your-ipod.html

But I can't see the 'ipod_control' folder or any other hidden files/folders. I am using Windows 7 64 bit and my Touch is a 3G model running iOS 4.1

I have enabled viewing hidden files/folders but still don't see anything ( guess Apple didn't like that people could view those files/folders ). I would really appreciate any help in this matter.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That method only works with non-iOS ipods. You need to find a 3rd party program that copies music off iPod touch/iPhones. Unfortunately, I don't know which ones are good, but if you google you'll find a bunch of them.