restoring itunes with my iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ekalb, Dec 5, 2010.

1. ekalb macrumors newbie

I managed to wipe out itunes completely and now need to use my iphone 3gs to restore it, somehow. I am sweating at the thought of losing songs and all of my contacts, etc..

I am using windows 7.

Can anyone help steer me in the right direction to do this? Do I need a 3rd part app?

Thanks for any help!

2. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

you can't get the files off of your iPhone/iPod unless you already have said files on ur computer. for one, did you check your music folder to make sure that you didn't just delete your library? it should be in the folder: " music -> iTunes music " if not, thn try a program like senuti. it was free when I got if, I think it costs money now, but it rips all the files off of iPhones, iPods, etc. it's a last resort if yoh can't find the folder with all ur mp3 files in it.

3. anetoiu macrumors member

anetoiu

I wish we were able to manage the songs through USB as we do with pictures too. There is no simple method, you need a software for that. I think that for songs you can check the software the last user above me told you, for contacts you can sync with your iTunes (check to see if there is an option for that in iTunes) and for apps, you can simply transfer the purchases from your phone to your computer.

4. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Your settings and photos in your phone will be saved once you backup your phone to your laptop using iTunes. Right click on the iPhone icon and it should say backup. You can press this and it'll save your info. As far as your music, you can use a program to transfer your songs from your iPhone to your computer. Just be sure not the let iTunes erase your settings or otherwise you phone will be cleared.