Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I know theirs a sticky on this but my question was not answered or could not find it.
Does restoring the device and restoring from backup make the iPhone 5 the iPod Touch 5G able to get a replacement if needed/ bring back the warranty.
Is their anything i should before i unjailbrake?
I was thinking if running ILEX R.A.T to remove all the JB stuff files. Should i do this?

If anyone is wondering why I'm unjailbraking. My parents are making because it voids the warranty and thinks its going to make our ISP shut us down because i can download apps illegally, which i would never do. I tried to get them to let me but they would not budge. Any other reasons to ask them to make them let me jailbrake?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
If your taking it in for a replacement I'd suggest a restore without using a backup. Set it up as a new device.

Apple is simply going to restore it (again) anyway.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
If your taking it in for a replacement I'd suggest a restore without using a backup. Set it up as a new device.

Apple is simply going to restore it (again) anyway.

What your pretty much saying is that bring it in freshly restored and restore from backup with the replacement.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Yes.
Personally though (yet probably unnecessary) I always will set up as a new device.
It's a hassle, to be sure, but that way I know there is no residual issues lingering somewhere in the netherlands of my iOS software.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Restoring JB iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5G

Yes.
Personally though (yet probably unnecessary) I always will set up as a new device.
It's a hassle, to be sure, but that way I know there is no residual issues lingering somewhere in the netherlands of my iOS software.

I always restore from backup since i have some progress in a lot of games and on my iPod touch 5g has the battery percent.

Like what issues. Is battery life better on a non JB device?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.