Restoring JB'n 3GS on 3.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theman510, Jun 28, 2010.

1. theman510 macrumors 6502a

I've sold my 3GS on ebay and will be restoring it before sending it off to the winning bidder. If I restore, will it force me to upgrade the firmware? It's currently on 3.0. I'm leaving it up to the buyer to decide but want to make sure it's something I can do. I'd like to restore it, but leave it on 3.0; or at least give him that option.

Thanks

2. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

If you have SHSH's saved you can restore. If not, then it will force you to get iOS4. Apple has stopped signing anything older than iOS4.

3. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok I have them saved. So I just plug into itunes and hit restore? Or is there some backdoor way I would need to do?

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

This guide should help
    Gives you the info on how to set your hosts file so it looks at Saurik's server instead of Apple's, allowing you to use the saved SHSH. Of course just use whatever IPSW that corresponds with the saved SHSH you have :D

5. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot! that looks awesome. I am assuming it's pretty similar for using mac OSX?

6. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Yep, a quick search with google should find you an exact copy except for OSX, the most important part is just changing your hosts file and using the correct IPSW that matches what SHSH you have backed up with Saurik.