restoring mac after W7 install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SevenEleven, Jan 16, 2009.

1. SevenEleven macrumors member

SevenEleven

Hi, wasnt sure how to word the thread title properly hopefully I can explain this legibly.

I tried to dual boot windows 7 on my macbook 2.4. I downloaded the 64 bit version, and everything went well. I used Boot Camp, ran the windows install. Started windows, everything was running ok.

F keys, sound and video needed drivers so as per the tutorial I was following I tried to load bootcamp again through my osx setup disk 1. It says it wont work because I am using a 64 bit version. Downloaded the update and ran it in Vista compatability mode as admin. Still no joy.

Windows 7 is running fine, I am using it now. But that is all I can boot into. I have no option. So I guess my question is: Is there a way to restore the option to boot to mac? I only wanted to have a look at W7. Not turn my laptop into a PC :)

thanks for reading.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Hold down Option after hearing the boot tone to bring up the boot loader. Pick OS X. Once back in OS X use the Startup Disk Preference pane to set the OS X side as the primary boot partition.

3. SevenEleven thread starter macrumors member

SevenEleven

Thanks brother, reporting back from Leopard now :)

4. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

How does Windows 7 run under Boot Camp?

5. SevenEleven thread starter macrumors member

SevenEleven

Runs fine so far, I really havent tried it too much yet. But I havent noticed any problems.