Restoring my apps took 2 hrs, 40 min

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MareLuce, Sep 21, 2012.

1. MareLuce macrumors 6502

Dear Apple,

Next iPhone, pleeeeease create a cable that supports Thunderbolt.

I spend too much of my life waiting for syncs to finish over USB2 (or in this case, a restore.) My iPhone 4 32GB was indeed almost full. 3GB free, no photos, the rest was apps (23GB) and music (4-ish GB.) My restore sync started at 4:50pm and ended at 7:30pm.

Restore 'could not find' 90 apps, so I'll still need to manually install those. I don't see a pattern in the ones it could not find. Some are old (Yahoo Sportacular, TUAW) some are new-to-me (Pocket Garage, Window Seat).

Now that the dock connector has changed and my old devices must use that ugly adapter, I don't care if you change the connector every time.

Why? Because I'm simply not going to buy another gadget like a speaker that relies on any specific version of an iPhone connector. It needs to work with Airplay or Bluetooth or just the lightning cable or I won't buy it. Exception: I'll need another Mophie.

Therefore, please Apple, next time go to Thunderbolt or anything that helps me sync faster or restore my iPhone faster when I get a new one or after it bricks like it did last year.

Life is too short to wait so long for syncs to finish.

2. armyxrays macrumors member

Nice story. Your inability to multitask is slightly disturbing.

I do agree that a thunderbolt connection would've made sense though. Would have made the whole "Lightning" connector name actually mean something.

3. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

That's Apple for you. Takes me about 10 seconds to get my photos, apps and music from one phone to another. Its this magical device called an SD card. Too bad Apple are too foolish to put a slot for it on their phones

4. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Find someplace else to play like an android fanboy site.
    Mine took all of 3 minutes for apps and pics.

5. MareLuce thread starter macrumors 6502

Another odd thing about those 90 missing apps - I can't seem to re-download them via iTunes Store on my Thinkpad.
    - iTunes Store tells me I have already downloaded them
    - iTunes Sync tells me it can't find them after I check their box to sync.

Only reinstalling them 1 by 1 via the AppStore app on the iPhone works.

Why did you choose to assume I was not multitasking?