"Restoring" my IPhone 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by navymannings, Aug 5, 2011.

1. navymannings macrumors newbie

navymannings

Greetings all,

I am on my way back from Iraq and I unlocked my iphone in order to use one of the SIM cards while deployed. If I "restore" it, will I lose all the games and such I had before the unlock process? During the restore, it will take it back to factory settings correct?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

P.S. If it helps, here is the info on it:

Version 4.2.1 (8C148a)
    Model MC135LL
    FW 06.15.00

2. cdustybk macrumors member

you can right click on your phone in iTunes and do a backup. This will save where all your apps are placed on the screen. Might want to do a "transfer purchases" as well (also from right click in iTunes) to make sure stuff you bought on your phone makes it to your computer.

Also, if you accidently delete all your apps, you should be able to get them back for free...it just may be aggravating to have to install them again

3. navymannings thread starter macrumors newbie

navymannings

cdustybk,

thnx for the input....will try it now that I was able to reconnect to the internet.

Chris

4. cdustybk macrumors member

No problem. Let us know how it goes

5. navymannings thread starter macrumors newbie

navymannings

I was going to download the required update and with the wifi here in Kuwait it is BRUTALLY slow so I am going to have to wait until I get back stateside next week and will let you know then.

Chris
    :confused:

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Any apps acquired legally through the Apple store will be tied to your Apple ID and can be restored from the phone after the restore. Just go to the App Store in the phone and log in to your account and you will see a list of apps called 'purchased' and those are the ones tied to your account.

7. navymannings thread starter macrumors newbie

navymannings

Ok all, I think I just screwed up....tried to update to latest and greatest 4.3.5 and now I am locked TOTALLY out of my phone....plz help soonest..

Chris

8. cdustybk macrumors member

Sorry it took so long to reply. What seems to be wrong?