Restoring my iPhone after deleting all contents and settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hisham82, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Hisham82 macrumors newbie

hi there,

As many did, I've selected the "erase all contents and settings" option in my break jailed iphone 4. The apple logo then showed up and also the circle of death.

I've connected the phone to PC and then switched it off (sleep+home) then kept holding the home buttom utile itunes recognised the phone and asked for the restore.

I've choosen to restore buttom and the restore progress started, but the status bar remained empty (no color forwarding to indicate the % progress, and also there was no % to till the restore progression, not even a time estimation). This lasted for more than one hour, and I tried to delete the downloading to restart it again, but a massage poped-up saying that "Items are being downloded are you sure?" so I kept the download going. And till now, nothing is showing that there is an actual restoring progress.

Important note, I did not back up my iphone before, does that affect restoring the OS and settings?

Please help!!!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Do you have Wi-Fi Sync installed on your computer? That has been the cause of restoring hiccups.