Restoring my Itunes library? (help plz)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcanadiensfan63, Dec 11, 2008.

1. mcanadiensfan63 macrumors member

ok so my hard drive crashed yadda yadda and i got a new hard drive put in. Now i dont have any songs on my irunes on the new harddrive but i have my ipod which has all my songs. How do i transfer my ipod songs to my itunes library? I also need to transfer the purchased songs aswell. please help me!!!
    thanks in advance

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Ok, presuming here that its a Mac rather than a PC, open iTunes, make sure that computer is authorized, then plug in your iPod. When it sees it plugged in, you should get a message that your iPod has song that are not on the computer, would you like to transfer them? You can then put the songs back on the computer.

3. devburke Guest

That only works for songs purchased from iTunes. What you want is Senuti (http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/90). It's a fantastic app for transferring songs from an iPod to a Mac. It looks great and can even transfer data such as playlists, play count, and everything. I used it when my HD crashed (now thankfully, I have Time Machine)

EDIT: Oh wow, it used to be free. Balls to that. Oh well, hopefully the trial is fully functional.

4. fishniw macrumors regular

yamipod.com

its free but you can donate if you like it. I use it all the time