Restoring my stuff, transferring to computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yumunum, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

My iMac had a hard drive failure... And the last time it was backed up was months ago. I synced my iPhone and iPad to it, and have lots of photos, music, and apps. The computer's getting a new drive soon and then I can use it again, but I don't want to lose my precious media... How, if possible, could I get my stuff back on the computer from my devices?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I assume restoring your iTunes library will allow the iDevices to sync without it being considered a new library and wiping them. If I'm right the content from your iDevices will sync to the new drive. Someone post if I'm wrong.

And to save someone else from saying it, if you don't have something backed up then it isn't precious.

3. Yumunum thread starter macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Thanks. Only problem is, iPhoto just syncs what's on the computer to the iDevice, right? To my knowledge the only pictures moveable from the iDevice to the computer is the camera roll. I was hoping someone would know of a way around this though.

And about the stuff not getting backed up... It's actually a complicated story. Please don't rag on me too much about that... :p

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I hear 'ya. I'm on Windows so I copy my photos straight from the phone (no syncing). Hopefully a Mac person can respond.