Restoring new iphone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thelumpya2, Jul 17, 2009.

1. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

So yesterday, I synced my old 3g and it seemed to back everything up on my itunes..

this morning, I did a restore to my 3gs and it only restored my contacts and saved home pages, it didn't restore any of my apps..

I realize that my apps are all backed up and available in my itunes, but I was under the impression that it would automatically put them back where everything was..

I have "Manually manage music and videos" checked.. but I didn't think it would affect the apps too?

Any insight from people who have had more experience with this than me?

2. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Was there more than one backup you were able to choose from?

Might've been an older backup that didn't have the apps at the time? Just a thought, probably not the case though.

3. thelumpya2 thread starter macrumors regular

thelumpya2

no, I've been an irresponsible iphone owner and this is the first time I've backed it up..

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I always make sure the box is checked at the top.

5. thelumpya2 thread starter macrumors regular

thelumpya2

which box is this you speak of?

6. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

The part at the top where it says iPhone, Contacts, Music, Videos, Apps etc. I always let iTunes manage my phone first then I click manage myself after everything is done.

7. thelumpya2 thread starter macrumors regular

thelumpya2

nevermind, I figured it out..

I guess I just assumed that when I synced my old phone it would automatically restore my new one with exactly the same settings/locations and such for everything.. sans the music since I opted to do that manually..

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Another recommendation would be to ensure that your iPhone doesn't automatically sync once you plug it in to your computer. This option gives you some time to figure out what needs to be synced and what needs to be rotated out, with regards to music or videos and even photos.....:cool::cool::cool: