restoring old app from iTunes back to iPad mini2/retena

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ratsg, Sep 16, 2014.

1. ratsg macrumors 6502

Hardware/software - iPad Mini 2/retena running ios 7.0.4

iPad is backed up to 17" MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 with iTunes 11.1.1 (11).

I purchase a paid for Craigslist app for my iPad. I know that there is a free one, but the paid one lets me save searches, and I have a lot of saved searches.

Shortly after my last iPad backup, The Craigslist app was updated to a new version and I really didn't care for the new layout. Unfortunately, on my part, I kept upgrading in hopes that they would restore the old layout. That never happened.

Anyway, the last update, completely wiped out all my saved searches. The app, from the iPad, opens up in a completely new, uncustomized position. All my customizations are gone.

What I would like to do is to delete the app from my iPad mini, then restore the app from iTunes, hopefully with all my saved searches, to my iPad.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but for the most part, from iTunes, all I really see is a "sync" button. I'm afraid that if I just do the sync, I will loose everything, in regards to this app and its data.

Is there a way for force the sync for an app from iTunes on my MacBook Pro to my iPad mini?

TIA

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Sure hope you get a good reply, as I made the mistake of updating my Gas Cubby app yesterday. Was a terrific app but was sold to Fuelly, whose update broke the app. All I see now is a crappy looking grayed out icon with the words "waiting" underneath it.

Cannot access two years of data and if there's any way I could move my backup of Gas Cubby to my iPad 2, would do it in a nanosecond.

3. ratsg thread starter macrumors 6502

One more item of interest here. Prior to my post, I did search the archives, in hopes that someone had already done this and had documented their solution.

Sadly, I did not find any smoking guns here.

I did come across one promising item. One of the similar search results came up with this utility, which, at least on the surface might be able to help.

Diskaid

http://www.digidna.net/diskaid