Restoring old backups

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by presbatron, Aug 30, 2010.

1. presbatron macrumors newbie

Hi, My phone (3GS) recently got stolen so I had to revert back to my old 3G. I’ve been trying for ages to get the data from my 3GS phone (contacts, sms etc) onto this old phone but can’t figure out how. In the MobileSync file where all the backups are stored, there are backups from the 25/08/10 (my 3GS) which would be ideal but on itunes, when I right click on the device and try to restore a back up, this one doesnt come up. When I go to iTunes-preferences and click on devices, the 25/08/10 backup is there but the only option there is to delete it. Again, iphone backup extractor doesnt seem to be able to locate this back up. It’s very frustrating as the old backup i’ve had to use is from march 2010. Would be very grateful if you could help me out.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. presbatron thread starter macrumors newbie

How would I know if they were corrupt? It's showing under the devices section in preferences but not on the lefthand side of itunes where you can right click to restore back ups?