Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterberryman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Hi there,

Recently formatted my ipad to a room mates pc as at the time my mac didn't have the minimum os x tiger required for the ipad. Today I update my os x to 10.5 so i can sync the ipad with my mac but despite numerous attempts restoring it on the pc it will still not show up on my imacs itunes/desktop etc. When i get it restored to the point that the ipad screen displays the "plug into itunes logo" it will not show up on the imac, as soon as i plug it back into the pc it begins the setup for a new ipad.

Does anyone know how I can restore the ipad so it will work with my imac after it has been set up on a pc??

Any tips would be great.

Cheers.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Google "ipad recovery mode." Then hook iPad up to your Mac and see if you get anywhere. If that does not work, google "iPhone DFU mode" and try that. (the method for iPhone also works on iPads)

But there wasn't any need to restore your iPad in the first place -- iPads don't have a Mac/PC format, all you need to do is to hook up an iPad to a Mac or PC and it should be recognized, regardless of whether it was previously synced with a Mac or PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.