Restoring Photos in IOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by brucemir, Sep 20, 2012.

1. brucemir macrumors newbie

Loaded IOS 6 for my iphone 4S 16GB and ipad 3 64 GB. After install finished, I opened the Photos app(where I have 14K+photos on the iphone and 25K+photos on my ipad which were all in specific folders) and got the message the photos had to be restored. When restored (which took hours!!), they do not restore into previous folders, but into one HUGE Photos folder. I had to sync my iphone and , then change my pre assigned photo folder to a folder with a few pics. Then resync, and then change the pre assigned photos folder back to the original to get my folders back. What a hassle!! I took 9 hours to complete the process for my iphone and all of my folders did not transfer back. I got the message not enough space, but still had over 5GB available. Tonight I have to do it for my ipad, which will probably take 18 hours or more to complete and pray my folder structure is like it was before.

2. Doctorsti macrumors regular

me too, this blows. While I didn't have nearly as many as you it did just chuck them all in one folder so 1000 pics and video in one folder.