Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gst95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
Lancashire, UK
Hello, this is my first post here. Not quite sure which section this goes in, but nonetheless I could really use some help with something.

I had originally done a Boot Camp install in the past but had to uninstall it for unspecified reasons, which I mistakenly did so using the Disk Utility in Recovery Mode. However, I'm now stuck with an unwanted 28 GB volume that's labeled as a "PCI-Express". For demonstration purposes, here is my volume log from entering 'diskutil list' into the Command tool, with the offending volume under disk0.

Code:
        /dev/disk0 (internal):
       #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
       0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                         28.0 GB    disk0
       1:                  Apple_HFS Untitled                28.0 GB    disk0s1

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
       #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
       0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk1
       1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
       2:                  Apple_HFS Machintosh HD           999.3 GB   disk1s2
       3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk1s3

And a screenshot of my Disk Utility...

F0DN8.png

What I want to do is completely remove this volume and restore everything to a singular drive. Any tips will be useful, even if it means going to Disk Utility and wiping everything clean again.

Any further info you need, I'll try my best to provide. Thanks.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.