Restoring problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by austin5278, Mar 10, 2012.

1. austin5278 macrumors newbie

Mar 10, 2012
    So im trying to sell my iphone 3gs to a friend and i need the money for it. i was running on iOS 5.0.1 and had it jailbroken with nothing else on it. and yesterday it was having problems and it kept rebooting constantly. i restored it without realizing that the new iOS 5.1 came out and id have to update it to that. it was too late before i realized it though. now it still has problems with the startup setting up the phone as a new iphone. it wouldnt let get past wifi because it was disabled..? it was working fine the day before. and so i tried restoring the iphone multiple times AGAIN and instead it gave me an error at the end of the restoration process. it said iPhone could not be restored error (-1). i kept looking up error -1 but never found anything. all i found was error 1 and didnt want to believe it was the same. so now im stuck on trying to restore on multiple different computers. and yes, i have put it in DFU mode to restore it. Please help!!
  2. awadeee macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2011
    Viper City