Restoring Purchased Ringtones - Guidance/Info Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eric3312, Jun 17, 2015.

1. eric3312 macrumors 6502

hi guys,

I have an iPhone 6 which I use iCloud to backup. I NEVER plug my phone into iTunes and backup/sync that way.

Anyhow, I went ahead and bought 2 ringtones from the iTunes Store just a moment ago. I now see them in the "sounds" settings on my iPhone 6 and can use them. Woo hoo!

However, when I get my new iPhone 6s like I will surely get, will I be able to get those ringtones back on there?

I have seen that you need to repurchase them each time and they can't be restored...unless you sync with your computer and back them up there first. (Prefer not to do this..hate using a PC with my iPhone.

However, I also stumbled upon this website and it kind of makes me believe you CAN just restore the ringtones to your device simply by visiting a website. Please see here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204076

So, how do ringtones work? Can I restore my purchased ones easily if I get a new device? Or do I need to purchase them over again?

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

2. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

People still purchase ringtones? You do know you can just make them yourself right?

3. eric3312 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I know that. But I don't feel like monkeying around with it when there was a perfect one right in the iTunes Store for a price less than that of a Wendy's Frosty.

Plus, this was a one time thing...I don't plan on buying a whole bunch.