restoring to 8.1.2. issues (currently on 8.1.2.)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by petrucci666, Jun 2, 2015.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I'm having some issues doing a clean install to 8.1.2. (I'm currently jailbroken on 8.1.2.).

The scenario is that I've been experiencing some glitches using my iPhone (random keyboard hits not initiated by me, unresponsiveness) and wanted to restore to factory on 8.1.2. and re-jailbreak.

I've tried editing the host files, tried a different Mac, tried a PC that's never been used for jailbreaking but still nothing. I've done this before and know it can be done, but can't figure out what's wrong

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not possible to restore to unsigned ios version.
    You can only restore to the latest ios version.
    You can try semirestore to wipe it clean and stay JB at the current ios but it doesn't mean all your issues will go away.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

When you say you've done this before, how long ago do you mean?

I ask because AJ is correct. You can't restore to an unsigned version. Downgrading, or restoring to the same version has not been possible since iOS7.

4. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

5. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I would use semirestore. That's what I did a few days ago when I had 42+GB of "Other" for some reason lol. One day, no issues at all. Next day, can't even take a picture lol. I would back up everything you can to icloud, semirestore, and set up phone as new. Then get back what you saved via iCloud.

6. kevintech macrumors 6502

Did you pay for more iCloud storage? How does your phone run now after Semi-restore?

7. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I didn't get more storage, and the phone is working perfectly. I haven't had any issues. Read through the process to get familiar with what you need to do.