Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
So last night I wiped my iPad and set it up as new device to solve a email push bug I had been experiencing. I have been running on a restore install from my iPad 1 since launch day of the 2. I was always impressed with my 2 and was loving the speed, but DAAAAMN! Since the fresh setup and reinstalling all my old apps and media this thing is soooooo much faster. Has any one else run into this? Cause if your an upgrader you might wanna try doing the same.

BobbieM629

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2011
Midwest
I used mine for about 2 days before I actually hooked it up to iTunes and restored from my old iPad 1 back up. I eventually wiped that back to factory and manually loaded. The iPad 1 had a lot of things for the kids on it and since they have touches they don't use the iPad at all. I was too lazy to delete 50+ apps manually. I haven't noticed a difference in speed since reloading, restoring.. just overall better speed then my iPad 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.