Restoring to backup not in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ilovemyiphone12, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ilovemyiphone12 macrumors newbie

I FINALLY figured out how to locate the backup file that wouldn't appear in the list of backups on iTunes when trying to restore. I simply clicked "option+restore" on the main screen that brought up all of the files on my computer.

My only issue then was the error message "This iphone cannot be restored because the firmware file is not compatible"

I am using iTunes 10.5. My phone was recently updated from 4.3 to 5.1.1 maintaining the baseband 04.10.01. It is also jailbroken and unlocked using gevey sim. Because I have access to the files. Could I possibly use something like SSH to place them back on my iphone? If so, would the files need to be converted to a different format first?

I have recovered these files using the "trial" version of a third party app so I know that it contains EVERYTHING! text messages, photos, contacts, voice memos, ect I just need to find a way to get them back on my phone!!! Help please!:(

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Why?

3. ilovemyiphone12 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's a great question and before you posted that I was closing all of my windows to update it to 10.6. For some reason I believed that it was a bad thing. I guess it's an :apple: paranoia... factory update and your locked out. Hope the update helps!

4. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Me too. I don't blame you for being worried about the update. Just seems like something Apple would do.

5. ilovemyiphone12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly. Thank you for the suggestion. I am still receiving the error message. I have searched all over the web and I can't seem to find a solution.

6. ilovemyiphone12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup! I said that lol... Still no luck however... any suggestions? I can't be the first person in the world to experience this issue. I don't even have the 5. I have the 4. Is there anyone out there knowledgeable about this?