restoring unlocked/jailbroken iphone 2g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kris6789, May 21, 2009.

1. kris6789 macrumors newbie

i need help can someone explain how to restore my unlocked jail broken iphone 2g it was unlocked with pwnage tool i called att and said ill brick my phone if i try to restore to factory settings plz give me some advice on wat to do . my iphone is lagging cuz of pwnage.

2. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

1) No it's not. It's "lagging" because you installed WinterBoard and/or a lot of other software that either depends on MobileSubstrate or runs in the background.

2) AT&T are full of it (big surprise, I know.) Reflashing won't brick your phone at all -- it will simply reset it to factory settings; after the restore it will be locked, just like it was when you bought it.

3. Cash Regime macrumors member

Cash Regime

Yes, all you need to do is go through itunes and restore to factory settings. It will just delete everything on your phone and bring it back to how you first got it with upgraded firmware.

I've done this several times with no problems.

4. nigeltho12 macrumors newbie

i have a similar problem...i bought a used unlocked iphone 2g and had the no service glitch/problem so i restored it but i cant do anything to fix it bcuz i have a tmobile sim card...please help if you can