General Restoring, will I really have to purchase all my stuff again?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Redjericho, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

When I hit the restore and update button, it says that I have not transffered all of my purchased items to my iTunes library, so if I restore the iPad, these items will be erased and I will have to purchase them again.

I've got roughly 50gb of apps that I haven't transferred, and I don't have nearly that much space available on my computer. Will I have to actually pay for everything again if I restore?

2. JPChicago macrumors regular

backup your phone first. from there, it will say if u want to transfer your purchases to itunes, say yes. and once completed syncing, then you can restore.

When you restore, it will ask you if you if you want to back up from previous backups, select it and you'll be fine. IF you dont transfer, you wont pay for it again. i recommend buying an external hard drive for your music

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

No the purchase will be know by iTunes (the store), you will just need to remember what you bought and download again.

4. Redjericho thread starter macrumors 6502a

The thing is I can't transfer my purchases to iTunes, i've only got about 14gigs of space on my computer, but 50 gigs of things that need to be transferred. I could probably free up a few more gigs, but not 36 of them.

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Back up to iCloud

6. JPChicago macrumors regular

backup to icloud (free) will only give u 5 GB. buy an EX hard drive would be best for you

7. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Backup to PC will be WAY faster than the iCloud backup when doing the restore.

BTW- I ran the jailbrake without wiping anything and it worked fine. All I did was backed it all up via iTunes to my PC. I haven't seen any problems yet.

8. bushido Suspended

bushido

apps arent backed up on iCloud, only their stats and settings ...

looks like the best option for u is to redownload every app from the appstore directly on your device. theres a purchased tap where u can see what u used to have installed