Restoring Windows 7 Bootcamp Partition On New Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by SpikeJ, Mar 28, 2013.

1. SpikeJ macrumors newbie

I just recently bought a new Mac Pro (specs are in my profile) and I already cloned the Mac hard drive from my old Macbook Pro to a crucial m4 512gb ssd using carbon copy cloner. What I need now is to clone the Windows 7 partition from my Macbook Pro to a 1tb HD installed into the 2nd Hard drive bay on my Mac Pro. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And also, hello everyone! This is my first thread!:D

2. Bob Kiwi macrumors member

I used WinClone when I migrated from a 750GB Boot Camp hard drive to a 120GB SSD.

The software made an image file in Mac OS X and then restored it to the SSD, I then took the old drive out and everything worked out.

I think it may be that easy for you, to take an image on your MBP Boot Camp partition and then restore to the dedicated HD. In fact, my biggest concern was the drop is space and how it'd make things complicated, sounds like you are getting a bigger drive so one less worry.

The only concern I'd have is that WinClone says "Transfer bootcamp partition to another Mac with the same processor family" and I'd imagine that could trigger here, as a Mac Pro will be a Xeon whereas a MBP will be an i3/5/7 series.