Restricting iPad email account creation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by raymondu999, Jul 14, 2011.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hey folks! I'm deploying 30-ish iPads to my company. One thing is, I need to restrict the creation of email accounts, so they can't create an account. I've seen that iPhone Configuraton utility doesn't provide support for this.

I've gone into the parental restrictions, and you can choose "don't allow changes" to accounts. I've done that, and now I can't create new accounts in Settings. However, when selecting photos, and tapping "email," which you would normally do to send out emails, it allows you to create a new email account. So does tapping the Mail icon on the home screen. Does anyone know a way I can restrict it fully?

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

3. elmo151 Guest

+1

4. JeeRock macrumors newbie

jailbreak

all i can think of is jailbreak to do this

5. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

i doubt that apple can help him with this...outside my very rudimentary settings, there is no way of securing or locking down many options/features unless you JB it.

i haven't read or seen if this was improved in iOS5.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you are concerned about creation of other company e-mail accounts you can control this on the server side. If you are worried about your employees adding their GMail accounts to their iPad or whatever, perhaps you should have considered an enterprise device with enterprise security controls.