Restrictions password hosed up - Need to make a plan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xheathen, May 9, 2012.

1. xheathen macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone knew a little bit about how some of these processes will work so I can make a plan on getting the restrictions password taken off my phone.

Maybe I'm just losing my mind, but the password I literally used 36 hours ago and multiple times before that just keeps saying it's wrong and I've tried 10 different times on the only combinations I would ever use.

I've tried using the backup extractor to obtain the password but found out iOS 5 doesn't store it in there any longer, so I think I'm facing a total reset.

My main question is: what is the best way to go about this?

If I do a backup of the phone, then wipe it out, then do a restore, it's going to come back with the restrictions password on there, right?

And if that's the case, what's the best way to do it? Can I independently restore my contacts / pictures / voicemails? Or does that end up only happening with a backup?

Thanks in advance!

2. xheathen thread starter macrumors 6502

Just bumping... I can't seem to find what is restored if I did a full restore :(