Resubscribing to iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by M87, Jul 15, 2013.

1. M87 macrumors 65816

Has anyone let their subscription expire and then subscribed again? I'm curious if there is any chance it will remember what my library was or if I'll really have to match my entire library again.

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Not an answer to your question, but I am thinking about doing the opposite (kind of). I want to let it expire and then wait for all data to be gone. Fix all of my album art and then re-subscribe so that all of the correct album art gets uploaded right from the start.

When I originally signed up not all of my art was correct, so what was matched and uploaded was not correct and now i have found no good way to update what is in iTunes match.

3. Bear macrumors G3

You could try following the reply in this post on how to wipe out the iTunes Match cloud data without affecting your local library.

Also see if needed: iTunes: How to open an alternate iTunes Library file or create a new one

I suspect you have at least 30 days to resubscribe to allow for credit card issues and such. It could be longer, but without definitive word from Apple don't expect longer than 30 days.

I'm guessing 30 days as that is what it officially was for MobileMe and before that .Mac