Resume doesn't work

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by matt3526, Jul 21, 2011.

1. matt3526 macrumors regular

Does anyone else have this problem? When I close and re-open safari it doesn't pick up where it left off. Same for opening pages etc, just get default screens in each case. I have checked the option on system prefs to have this feature on but it doesn't work :(

Also, does anyone know how to get the two finger scrolling back in the finder? I used to love this but in Lion I have to click back on the button. A bit annoying

2. nick123222 macrumors member

The only way to go back in finder is to enable the back gesture to 3 fingers. Unfortunately, it is then backwards in finder to safari. You move your fingers left to go back instead of right to drag away the page in safari.

3. UraGraymalkin macrumors newbie

It's not working on Safari for me either (everything else seems fine with it so far)...

4. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

I've just tested resume and it seems to be working fine for me. All my apps pop in on start-up just fine.

5. podsorcerer09 macrumors regular

Have you checked Safair's Preferences? Browsers have had the ability to reopen all your tabs and windows on relaunch for a while so it's possible it's hiding in there. While it doesn't make sense that Apple would have turned off Resume by default in it's own browser it is certainly a possibility.

Question: Did you upgrade Safari on top of an existing Snow Leopard install? If that's the case you may have had this turned off already and that preference got brought up in the upgrade.

6. Genocide macrumors member

The resume feature only works if you quit the application, not if you only close the window. If you close the window, but do not quit the application the next window you open will be a fresh page. Resume works if you are browsing the internet, press command+Q and then re-open Safari, the last page you were on will load.

Not sure if this is what you're doing but this could be the reason.