Resume Feature on Apple TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by dnelms, Jul 25, 2011.

1. dnelms, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

dnelms macrumors regular

dnelms

Still looking for answers before I purchase the Apple TV. Can you reliably expect to stop a movie at any point and come back to that movie at any time and pick up where you left off? There are so many times I need to stop what I'm watching and resume it later, so this is a big issue for my decision. I should mention this would be for movies in m4v or mp4 format that I have encoded my dvd's.

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Yes, the Apple TV will prompt you to choose to start from the beginning or resume from where you left off.

A.

3. Irishman macrumors 68030

I know streaming content does.

I haven't tried it for bought DVDs on my PC via Home Sharing.

4. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

Anything playable in Apple TV will offer you the option to resume or start over. And I noticed that the marker is actually not exact but like 1-5 seconds before you hit pause. I personally like that, too.

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

It also works with more then 1 ATV. I can start in the bedroom stop it and move to the living room and pick up where I left off.

6. kirsch92 macrumors member

I don't believe it's the ATV that manages that resume point, but iTunes instead. If you watch the movie for a while on your computer than move to the ATV, the resume point moves too.

7. kolax macrumors G3

Yeah, really handy feature.

The fast forward when streaming content sucks on the Apple TV (well does on Take 2), so I usually have to open iTunes, skip to where I want, sync and then resume on the Apple TV.