Resume gone on Pages in Lion??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by talmy, Sep 9, 2011.

1. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I happen to like the new autosave/versions/resume/lock/duplicate features in Lion, but it appears that either resume has gotten crippled, my imagination is getting to me, or it's not implemented properly in Pages. I'd rather make a fool of myself asking here than in person at the Genius Bar. :)

If I quit Pages (Command-Q) with a document open, and that document is named (i.e. it's not a new document) then when I restart Pages the document is not resumed. It is correctly autosaved.

It seems to me that when I first upgraded, the document would be resumed. Other apps that I have that resume (and most did before Lion) reopen named documents.

Are other people seeing this behavior or is there something wrong with my install?

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Resumes just fine for me. Maybe try deleting ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.apple.iWork.Pages.savedState or something...

3. talmy thread starter macrumors 601

talmy

Face is of course red. :eek:
    I had resume turned off in preferences somehow. I certainly don't remember doing that, but I've found various preferences seem not to stick since upgrading. Here's hoping for a great 10.7.2!