Resume Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Merkava_4, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to figure out how to apply to craigslist job listings. From what I gather, I need to create a resume to keep on the hard drive. I've got Microsoft Word on this computer, but I've never used it and quite frankly, I don't know how to. I mention this because I noticed that some of the craigslist adds ask for a Microsoft Word resume. If y'all can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you. :)

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Open Word and type Create a resume by using a template in the help search field on the upper tool bar. Follow the online instructions.

Remember to triple check your spelling and grammar as well as being honest. Finally keep it short and to the point. Chances are the guy will receive hundreds of applicants, and won't have time to read them all if they are long winded.

3. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

4. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Word of advice, don't blindly send out your resume on craigslist. Send out a feeler email expressing interest and offer to send a resume upon request so you can be a little more sure it's not a phishing attempt.

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I see what your saying, but if the post is real, they won't waste their time to request a resume when they have tons of others to choose from.

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

And furthermore, what is to stop them from lying? At what point do you accept that they're not a scammer and provide the resume? I suppose once they give up you know they were for real. ;)

7. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

You'll know right away if its a scam. Craigslist scams are incredibly easy to spot. On a side note. I'd try a more legitimate place than Craigslist.