Resume software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emseals, Jun 26, 2007.

1. emseals macrumors newbie

I have a job interview coming up and i realized i need to remake my resume, i was wondering if you guys knew of any freeware that will help me make a resume from scratch, thanks.

2. basicfiend macrumors member

MS Word :)

Use tables and hide the borders to format it nicely.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

MS Word isn't exactly freeware.

To the OP, I'd suggest playing with Textedit, you can actually make some pretty richly formatted documents in it.

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

You don't really need any kind of crazy, complicated layout for a resume. Something simple and elegant is much preferred, in fact. And something like that can be created in TextEdit. Plus, with OS X, you can "print" everything to PDF which ensures that it will look the same on everything that opens it.

That's what I've done with my resume and it works great.

5. basicfiend macrumors member

Oh, right. I hate when details matter...

Another option is to use LaTeX, but that's probably only viable if you've used it before. There are quite a few LaTeX resume templates that are easy to use if you have have typesetter already installed on your computer (see TeXShop for a good OS X front-end).

I did a google search for latex resume templates and found this set from RPI that I didn't hate: http://www.rpi.edu/dept/arc/training/latex/resumes/

6. emseals thread starter macrumors newbie