Resume to Clock Face not working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jdowning, May 2, 2015.

1. jdowning macrumors newbie

The Watch keeps returning to my last used app instead of the watch face as I have it set. I thought I had seen a solution for this while patiently awaiting delivery.
    Anyone know a solution other than a future software revision?

42mm SS BSB + iPhone 6

2. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

There's a toggle setting for this in the Apple Watch iPhone app, do you have it set to the correct option?

3. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I think the deal with this feature is that if you raise the watch within a minute or so after using an app it will still return to the app you had been using. But if it's any later, then it will go to the watch face.

4. jdowning thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, toggled between Resume to Last Used App and Clock Face.
    Did the two button reset and powered off/on.
    It acts as though it's set to Last Used App: Goes to the last app unless I wait several moments before peeking again.

5. Unconsoled macrumors regular

Same here. Would love to hear a solution.

6. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I think it's the intended behavior. If you're using an app and the screen turns off, you probably don't want to get sent back to the watch face immediately when you try to go back to it. And if you were just using an app on your watch, you presumably don't need to check the time again within a minute or so. In practice, I agree it can sometimes be annoying.

7. flur macrumors 68000

This is the behaviour I'm seeing also.

8. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Quick way to get back to the face is double click the crown and then scroll upwards into the face. I've gotten used to this in one swift motion.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Three slow crown clicks will do same thing.

10. jomo25 macrumors regular

Triple click crown does same also

11. jdowning thread starter macrumors newbie

I wondered how that differed from Resume Last Activity until I switched to that. Now it resumes the last activity no matter how long it's been sleeping so I agree it is the intended behavior.

It might be nice if that delay were configurable but, hey, that's a minor refinement. All in all I think they did a pretty good job.

Thanks for your feedback.

12. dyt1983, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: to remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread. Also out of date.

13. vinitmenon macrumors regular

vinitmenon

i had the same problem.. what i did is toggled setting on iphone to go to last app.. tried it for 3-4 times and then changed it back to watch face.. now i always get the watch face..

14. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

This is the intended behavior, but there's a neat solution that's much better than clicking the Crown at all.

If you're not done with an app, you can of course lower your arm and Watch will continue showing your app as long as it's within about a minute.

However, if you're done using an app, you can just cover your display with the palm of your hand (for any amount of time; the motion is essentially instantaneous) and it will turn off the display. The next time you activate the display in any way (whether it's by raising your wrist or what have you) it will show the clock face, assuming you have the "Resume to Clock Face" setting on.

15. InAustralia macrumors 6502

InAustralia

Great tip! Much quicker and easier than pressing the crown.

16. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Works perfectly.

17. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

This is normal. It does take a minute or two. Keep last app would leave you at the app even after 15 minutes of not looking at your watch.