Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
Does this work for usb chargers? I wanted to buy a wall adapter cheap on amazon, but there are a few reviews of working perfectly, and a lot saying it's not supported on this device; then it doesn't charge.

So would Resupported work for that? If not, is there anything that could make it work?

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
This is not the reply that you expect, but if you're looking for a good aftermarket wall charger for the 4s, I have monoprice's one and so far it works perfect.
It has also worked perfectly for my friend's iPod touch 4th gen and iPod touch 3rd gen.
Without need for any tweak.

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
All wall chargers will work on all the models except the Shuffle, iPhone 3G and 3GS. For the Shuffle, you need a special one with the headphone plug. For the iPhone 3G, you're basically SOL for 90% of chargers unless you're charging while the iPhone is still on. For 3GS, most will do ok, but many will say, "Charging is not supported with this accessory."

I can sell you a charger for $5 shipped that works on the 3G and 3GS if you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.