Resurrected LCII

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by havokalien, Jul 23, 2012.

1. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

So I traded for some older macs. Got a classic, works great but floppy doesn't read, an SE, works great but high pitch whines every so often, and an LC that was D E A D......dead. So I pull it open and see capacitor goo everywhere, so I get out my toothbrush and a copper wire brush and wash it in the sink then wash in the dishwasher. I let it dry for a couple of hours and woot woot success. A color classic is in my future and I can't wait.

2. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

congratulations I have always loved the lcs

have fun!

:apple:

3. havokalien thread starter macrumors 6502a

havokalien

Next resurrection

Well I was so pleased with myself that I dove straight into a powermac G3 266 desktop that someone gave me that wouldn't boot. Got it all cleaned up and changed the VRM, the old one was Raytheon but with no boot condition it was suspect. Got it going , one IDE 6 gig and one scsi 6 gig with os 9.1. So far I am batting a thousand with macs except the cheap 20 dollar MacBook I got that won't charge a battery ( logic board issue as everything else has been changed ).

4. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

thats great you should over clock the g3 to 300 and get it running jaguar then sell it for a quick profit

5. havokalien thread starter macrumors 6502a

havokalien

G3

Got the G3 to 350 with an old zip I had. Need to get an analog monitor to put os x on it as the LCD keep saying out of range on boot.

Today I got another b&w 300, an Iisi, a 7300/180 which I immediately put in a 200 MHz card that I had brand new in a package in a box, and a dual G5 2.0 ghz that I was told the motherboard was dead (because a Mac place, not apple told him) , funny thing is I got it running did diagnostics and all I could find wrong was a dead pram battery. Anyone need a G5 dual, 1 gig ram, 160 gig hard drive?