Resurrected MobileMe account (trial) migrated to iCloud: Any way to use email?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by J.C, Aug 6, 2011.

1. J.C macrumors 6502

A while back I trialled MobileMe but closed the account before the subscription started. I've since resurrected the account and migrated it to iCloud. I'm able to log into iCloud for Mac; and on iOS 5; and use use most services, but not email. No matter what email client I use I keep getting an error message asking me to enter the iCloud password. The correct password is not accepted.

Has anyone found a way around this, or is it just that Apple haven't reenabled this service for resurrected account?

2. applephysci macrumors regular

"resurrected"? seriously!

also, have you thought of going through any of the numerous threads under yours, daily updated from over the past couple of weeks, specifically describing/answering this?

3. J.C thread starter macrumors 6502

Watch how you talk to me. I'm not your bitch.

4. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

As far as I can tell, since you cancelled the account, its features got limited to the "Find My iPhone" only since MobileMe used to give that free..so the transition to iCloud is more like a re-branding since the whole interface, etc of Mail is the same as MobileMe (yet !) ... there are MANY accounts in such condition and I believe Apple would enable all the features on them once iCloud comes out of Beta...

Took me 2 mins to write this ... I am sure the same time as the post above mine :rolleyes:

5. J.C thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks heaps for the reply. I assumed that was the case but it's good to get clarification.

6. flipshot macrumors 6502a

Apple are asking people to file any account issues like this as a Bug through the developer center. I think if they can they will attempt to fix the account for you.

7. applephysci macrumors regular

or else?

riiight :roll eyes:

8. applephysci macrumors regular

There are literally thousands of posts addressing this (and several right under this thread in this sub forum) and if an user decides to insult the forum by not caring to read any one of them, then I do not care for them either.

9. J.C thread starter macrumors 6502

PM sent.

10. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Oooooh, fighting thread. Excellent. Look forward to the updates boys.

Again, personally I hope expired account names are put back into the pot for the next guy to choose. Why should anyone not subscribing to the ex-current MobileMe services expect anything?

11. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Again ... if you dont care ... then u should not care to reply at all instead of replying in the negative ... Simple !

12. applephysci macrumors regular

Two different things. I care for this forum. I don't care for those who insult it.
    And just because I don't care for them doesn't mean I should not speak my mind. Next time, they at the very least will think twice.

This was not your fight, but I think I know why you're trying to beleaguer this. Anyway, I'm not giving in to this TC, I'm out.

13. suniil macrumors member

I'm able to use most of the services but fails to authenticate mail.

14. dsdevries macrumors member

Anyone who says that people should read older posts prior to posting new threads in order prevent duplicate discussions should learn more about the origin of the word forum. A forum basically is a place where people can discuss certain topics and SHOULD therefore always be open for discussion AND the start of new discussions. Writing something as: "use the search functionality" is basically the same thing as: "go and ask someone else" or: "go fetch a book at the library". That is not the right attitude for someone who should take part at a forum in the first placel!
    So lets al be helpful to each other and answer each others questions if we know the answer. If not, at least try to send a person in the right direction in a polite way.

15. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

+1

16. suniil macrumors member

all my expired old mobile me (emails) are working fine now.

17. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Well said :)

18. J.C thread starter macrumors 6502

Yay me too! Thanks for the heads up :)