Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Hey all,

I decided to do something adventurous today. I set up my first ever iMac. My iMac is the original (I believe) iMac that good ol Jeff Goldblum loved to show off in the commercials. This iMac is of the blueberry variety and is NOT slot loading (it has the tray). I have a few questions concerning it:

First: I currently a 4GB (or so I think) HD in it. How large of an upgrade can I buy for my iMac; How much will that run me; and what website could I purchase it from (I'm assuming newegg.com but what do I know)?

Second: Since my iMac doesn't support airport (or at least it isn't airport ready) can I link my Powerbook (which currently is connected to the internet via Airport) to the iMac via ethernet cable to share internet connection? (I'm not even sure that is possible)

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Bubbasteve said:
...Second: Since my iMac doesn't support airport (or at least it isn't airport ready) can I link my Powerbook (which currently is connected to the internet via Airport) to the iMac via ethernet cable to share internet connection? (I'm not even sure that is possible)

doesn't your airport have a Lan port? you can use an ethernet cable to connect directly from the airport to the imac if it does

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Macky-Mac said:
doesn't your airport have a Lan port? you can use an ethernet cable to connect directly from the airport to the imac if it does

I know but that is in my basement and I would like to keep the machine in my room (which is on the upper story)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.