Resurrecting a 2010 macbook pro...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cooljjay, Sep 3, 2011.

1. cooljjay macrumors newbie

Okay so I found a nice macbook pro mid 2010 13.3 for cheap. I got it home discovered liquid damage(corrosion on LB). So I went hunting and decided to upgraded it to a 2.66ghz LB. My plans were to upgrade the heck out of it. Well I got a supposedly good working LB and a good working DC/magsafe board. I got everything installed and nothing...no power light...no charge light notta...so I assumed the memory may be bad...I used my friends memory and still no power light/charge light...then it popped on for one second did a chime and died. Still can't get the power light on and I have unplugged switched around everything. Can anyone around here help me with the resurrection?? or do you think the new lb is to blame?

2. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

Dude... you're just making a Frankenstein Macbook. Putting all those parts together is not likely to get the results you're looking for. You're better off buying a new one that's guaranteed to work. Who knows, even if you do get it running, how do you know it will continue to work? Be reliable? Now blow up or come alive? Who knows?

3. cooljjay thread starter macrumors newbie

lol Actually it would be awesome if it came alive, imagine walking into the mac store with it on a leash? :p

You are true though, I will try with it a bit more. I managed to get a faint green light and it to boot up finally but was slow as hell. I put the os disc to do a hardware check and it wouldn't come up again. Sad thing is this one had a warranty till 2013 on it...the lb I got has none...

4. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

Hahaha, Funny thought dude.

Yah, maybe someone else with more knowledge on this will be able to help you, though based on the situation I find that not much can be done without having to buy more components. There's not much of a point doing a hardware check, as I can say that other logic board is probably no good either.

5. cooljjay thread starter macrumors newbie

True but lucky both parts are guaranteed against doa. My problem is do I assume the dc board is to blame or the logic board? The original dc board had some corrosion on it so I assumed it was bad. I tried it as well with the same problem. My friend says I can disassemble his mac and try his dc board since it is for sure working but do I want to do that. I try to dwell away from computer repair but I keep seeming to go back to it.