Retail SL on 2 macs possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SchneiderMan, Sep 16, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I have a retail copy of SL that i have installed on my Mbp, and now ive got a new Mac mini without SL, would i be able to use my copy to instal on it? thanks

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

The software license aggreement states you can install on one machine only. Why not buy a 2nd copy and keep it kosher?

4. macbook yes macrumors 6502

At $30, what is the point in breaking the law?

5. Rich1803 macrumors newbie

6. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

oh thanks lol. well i will use the copy i have and not but another just because i think amazon should already have updated and included SL with my purchase. they do include SL with the iMacs and other macs but not with the mini. thats not ok. so that is my excuse hehehe. perfectly fine. :D

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

And don't start complaining if apple decides to implement a license key due to pirates.

8. acurafan macrumors 6502a

yes, you can install on 1+ machines.

will you guys give it a rest...we're all going to hell. just some taking the express elevator down. :rolleyes:

9. ae3265 macrumors member

What I don't understand is why you folks give out the information and gripe about the violations of the licensing agreements. If it bothers you that much, then don't give out the information and enable the violation to begin with.

A much more appropriate response is to inform people that the license agreement requires either purchase of an additional license or the family pack.

Yeah, it's very nice that Apple hasn't implemented some of the anti-piracy measures that are out there...but don't wave it in their faces that you either are or can violate the license agreements.

And I do agree, for the cost, just buy the appropriate licenses. It's rather nice that Apple and many Mac developers have very reasonable costs for their software, let's all be reasonable and support them as well.

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I responded the way I did because it is the truth. It doesn't bother me a whole lot, iThink it's important to fully disclose the legality. I don't care if people don't pay taxes on their Amazon purchases, I do care when they say things like "tax free." It's important to make sure that people are fully aware.

11. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

People give it a rest, in my book i already bought two copies of SL.. im not doing anything wrong.

Piratebay 4 life in reason yes

im being a good boy and not pirating like i used to, i bought all my mac software.. money is an issue.