Retailer Dropping New iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by willmtaylor, Sep 19, 2014.

1. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The wife and I went in to an authorized Verizon Retailer this morning to change plans, so I asked if they had any iPhone 6+'s to look at, and they hadn't received any stock. Then I asked if they had received any iPhone 6's, and she said that they had an I could take a look if I wanted. She then proceeded to open the box and exactly like the video from Perth, the vacuum suction from the case caused her to open it with too much force and the phone flew up and then to the ground.

The phone was ok, but it was less then 5 minutes later when I saw her drop the same phone AGAIN. It was about then that we decided not to buy any phones from them.

On the positive, the phone survived not 1 but 2 drop tests.

The End.

2. vitacura macrumors regular

Two drops in five minutes, I would be so embarrassed.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Haha poor associate just very nervous probably.

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 68000

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

That's why it's best to buy at Apple.com where they do not open the phone before you buy it. Just don't drop it yourself upon arrival!

Of course, still go to the stores to try the phone hands on if you need to. :)

6. Maetzle macrumors regular

Maetzle

It's not like she would try to sell you an already opened box with a phone that was dropped twice, right?

7. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

Of course not. It will be sold to the next unsuspecting customer :D:apple:.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

And the people in another thread were saying that the only people who would want an unopened box are scalpers. I want my brand new iPhone sealed in the box with all plastic still attached.

9. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Precisely what I was thinking and exactly why we're just going to buy our at the VZW corporate store instead.