Retailers stocking iPads in the USA

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SimonTheSoundMa, Sep 14, 2010.

1. SimonTheSoundMa macrumors 6502a

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not at all. We're a pretty big country, demand exceeds supply and Apple has about 275 stores here. Why sell them to resellers at wholesale when you can sell them at retail while driving lots of traffic to your stores?

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

I also wouldn't assume that all the dealers are "authorized" dealers. I visited Europe recently and saw iPads being sold in several mall stores in countries where it hadn't even been released yet. In the one country where it had been released, Austria, I saw it in several non-traditional stores (mom & pop-type electronics stores). I can only speculate that they weren't officially authorized.

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'm excited about the Best Buy news today - maybe that means i can look at some accessories!! My store was one of the small ones that didn't sell them...

I'd expect by some point that most iPod resellers in the states will sell the iPad.

5. DaWeav macrumors newbie

DaWeav

And get this, even though Apple is an 'AMERICAN' company, Apple has not provided the U.S. Military Exchange's (AAFES) stores any distribution of the Apple iPad except in a limited few locations. How un-AMERICAN is that for an AMERICAN company. Apple should take care of all their home front soldiers that protect your Apple freedoms and start shipping units to 'EVERY' military exchange store!

6. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Good point. I would think that an iPad would be one of the most amazing products for a person in the military because of its very small profile and ultra portability.

7. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

is buying it online an option?

8. tamasvarga67 macrumors regular

Apple doesn't ship to APO but using mail forwarding service like apobox - for extra cost - is an option... that's how I got mine. AAFES prices are usually higher anyway so even with the mail forwarding fee it wasn't a bad deal.

9. cliegal macrumors member

I'm in FL and I bought mine at Best Buy 3 months ago. They've been stocking them for awhile.

10. poloponies macrumors 68030

Read the original post. It's not that Best Buy has started to sell them - it' that they're selling them at every store. Previously they were sold at "larger" locations only.

11. cliegal macrumors member

I just love how friendly everyone is in this forum. (sarcasm) I bought mine at a smaller Best Buy. They were only stocking two sizes at the time and had very few accessories. Thank you for reminding me that in this forum, the devil is in the details when posting. Simply making a friendly comment is hardly worth it because of the remarks that may follow.