Retailers to purchase 2015 MBP

olemed

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
Providence, RI
I'm considering the purchase of a 2015 maxed out i7 MBP 13.3" (for photography and travel). I like all the ports on this model and don't like the butterfly keyboard on the newer laptops.

I've found a few on ebay but also found a model that says it's in excellent condition from Mac of All Trades.

Folks who have purchased used laptops online - wondering what you recommend? I've looked on Craigslist but don't see the maxed out model I want (at least there you can visually inspect).

Thanks for the suggestions.

jerryk

macrumors 601
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Mac of All Trades has a pretty good reputation. I would have no issue buying from them.

But honestly I don't see any advantage to the i7 over an i5 in a 13" macbook. And there may even be disadvantages such as extra heat generation with fans running more often to try to handle the extra heat.

olemed

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
Providence, RI
Mac of All Trades has a pretty good reputation. I would have no issue buying from them.

But honestly I don't see any advantage to the i7 over an i5 in a 13" macbook. And there may even be disadvantages such as extra heat generation with fans running more often to try to handle the extra heat.
That's a good point I hadn't considered, Jerry.

pshufd

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I have a work-issues 13.3 inch with the 3.1 Ghz i7. I don't use it as I prefer to use my personal 15.4 inch 2015 MBP. But the 13.3 is fine. Not as fast, of course, and it takes longer to load programs.

If buying from Craigslist, be careful as I've seen stories of water damage and other things.

mtnmac26

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
I've got my 2015 13" maxed out model on eBay at the moment, (it could be one of the one's you found) just put it up there yesterday. Recently upgraded to the 2015 15" model for the extra screen real estate. If you're interested just send me a PM.