Retarded question, making icons bigger?

MacPossum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Is there a way to make my desktop icons bigger, like altering the size of the icon image?

CortexRock

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2006
Canterbury, England
Right click (or CTRL click) on your desktop and select View Options from the menu that appears. You can change the icon size using the slider at the top of the dialogue box that appears.

Hope that helps. :)

Edit: Too slow on the keyboard...

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
UK
'Right-click' on the desktop and select 'Show View Options' from the menu. You can adjust the icon size with the slider at the top of the box.

EDIT: Beaten to it!

Attachments

harryhood

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2006
Anyone know if there is anyway to change the icon/text size for EVERY app? Every time I do it with folders of the main HDD it only changes per window you right click within, so it is looking like I'll have to right click in hundreds of windows to get it right.. ;0

forcefieldkid

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2010
Anyone know if there is anyway to change the icon/text size for EVERY app? Every time I do it with folders of the main HDD it only changes per window you right click within, so it is looking like I'll have to right click in hundreds of windows to get it right.. ;0
In the 'Get Info' window you should see "Use as default" at the bottom. Or words to that affect. That will save your changes for every folder.