Retina 15" MBP 2.6 or 2.7 GhZ

Hullmet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Hi,

Very quick question, the choice in processing power seems extremely small for the price. I will use the machine as a work horse: internet; office; adobe prof plus CS; stat analysis software.

I am struggling to think if i will need 0.1 extra processing power.

I am looking for advice on the pro/cons on upgrading or not, thanks!

H

Androidpwns

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2011
England
Hi,

Very quick question, the choice in processing power seems extremely small for the price. I will use the machine as a work horse: internet; office; adobe prof plus CS; stat analysis software.

I am struggling to think if i will need 0.1 extra processing power.

I am looking for advice on the pro/cons on upgrading or not, thanks!

H
Save your cash ( or maybe blow it on max'ing out the ram to 16gb ). That .1ghz and L3 8mb cache just ain't worth it IMHO.

Comment

Hullmet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I think you are both right, i may even consider the 2.3 version, maxing the ram and sticking with that. As long as my most demanding programme (currently CS5) will be future proof (for CS6/7 etc), then i do not mind not having the top version,

H

Comment

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
I think you are both right, i may even consider the 2.3 version, maxing the ram and sticking with that. As long as my most demanding programme (currently CS5) will be future proof (for CS6/7 etc), then i do not mind not having the top version,

H
CS5 works fine on my 2009 MBP 13" 2.53 core2duo with 8gb of RAM. so I would imagine the low end i7 will work with cs5,6&7 just fine. :D

You definitely want to max the RAM out for sure.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.