Retina Battery Health Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WarrenFields, Jul 15, 2012.

1. WarrenFields Guest

So I've had my Retina for just under 4 weeks and I love it so far! That said I just noticed something about my machine. I'm a bit concerned about the health of my battery. In iStat Pro it reports my battery's health at 98% and sometimes lower but I realized these numbers fluctuate and are not 100% accurate. BUT system profiler is what's worrying me a bit. Basically over the few weeks I've had the computer the charge capacity of it has dropped 310 mAh to 8007mAh (See Screen Shot)

[​IMG]

This seems like a big loss in just 4 weeks especially since I've been following good battery use practices. What are everyone else's figures looking like? I wonder if there is a problem with my battery or if I'm just over analyzing. :confused: Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your battery health IS your charge capacity, and it is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It will fluctuate over time, jump all over the place. I wouldn't worry about it - Just enjoy your MacBook Pro and stop obsessing over a 2% of battery capacity drop ;)

4. WarrenFields thread starter Guest

Thanks for that. Really useful information. Wish I would have found that sooner because my high battery cycle count is really bothering me!! Lol Could have kept it lower with some of the tips you have there :(