Retina display brightness level?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Motionblurrr, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

What brightness levels are you guys using with the retina display? Since we get a larger battery is anyone taking advantage and cranking up the brightness?

This screen is beautiful but I did notice it's VERY dim at the 50% stock level outta the box.

What's your brightness level? :)

2. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

I keep auto brightness on and have it set dead center just like I did with all my other i's. I was actually messing around with it last night and turned it all the way up.... it hurt my eyes it was so bright. Guess you can say I'm a middle man. ;)

4. TheDoty macrumors newbie

TheDoty

I'm still rolling with 50% but have been thinking about upping it. How much battery life have people been losing if they go to 70% or something?

5. Motionblurrr thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm trying about 70% right now and see how much it drains the battery with normal usage. I gotta say though, the retina screen looks amazing when it's brighter under normal light (work, Starbucks, outside).

I love how the blacks on the display STAY black even at higher brightness unlike the older iphone screens. So awesome.

6. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

It would be nice if the brightness level had a number or percentage gauge but then again simple solutions at Apple are far, few and take forever to implement.

7. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

As I say, mine's at about 85% and I get about 24-28 hours standby and about 8-10 hours usage and I also have 3G and Wi-Fi turned on

8. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Which is worse for your eyes health, a screen that's too dark or too bright? I have mine on 100% because anytime I go lower I feel like I'm straining my eyes too much.

9. Motionblurrr thread starter macrumors 6502

That's not TOO bad considering how bright 85% is.... Hmmm

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp