Retina Display coming from MB Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rexoserox, Oct 11, 2018 at 2:02 AM.

1. rexoserox macrumors newbie

Is there a significant difference between the Macbook Pro Retina Display and the Macbook Air 13" Display let's say the viewing distance is around 25 inches. If you are sitting really close like 10inches away I guess you would see the pixels in the Air.

What about the apps on the Retina Display? Are they 4 times smaller if I set the retina display to its max resolution? I mean is my desktop area 4x the size of the Air's?

2. robvas macrumors 68030

No, the desktop area is the same. Graphics are just way more sharper. Also the viewing angles and colors are way better.

Big difference IMO, check them out at Best Buy or the Apple store.

3. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

Yeah there is a noticeable difference. I know the common thread from many here is that you simply cannot use the Air display because the resolution is too poor, and its hurts people's eye (lol) but it's obviously very usable.

My work laptop is actually a slightly lower resolution to the Air and it's fine to use. But the Retina is noticeably better.

Material difference? Yeah. Everything looks sharper and less fuzzy.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Of course it’s not four times the screen space you would need a magnifying glass to use it.

It’s just way sharper and brighter with a far better colour gamut and far better viewing angles (IPS panel vs TN panel in air).

I switched to a retina screen in 2013 and my big night and day difference was text sharpness it’s like reading print and that makes a huge positive effect on eye strain and pleasure of use.